Architecting on AWS will validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
This course teaches you how to:
· Design, develop, and deploy cloud-based solutions using AWS
· Implement core AWS services according to basic architecture best practices
· Design and maintain network architecture for all AWS services
· Leverage tools to automate AWS networking tasks
· Advanced knowledge of AWS networking concepts and technologies
· Hands-on experience architecting and implementing network solutions
· Advanced networking architectures and interconnectivity options (e.g., IP VPN, MPLS/VPLS)
· Networking technologies within the OSI model, and how they affect implementation decisions
· Development of automation scripts and tools
· CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4 and IPv6)
· IPv6 transition challenges
· Generic solutions for network security features, including WAF, IDS, IPS, DDoS protection, and Economic Denial of Service/Sustainability (EDoS)
- At least one or two years IT experience
- At least one AWS Associate level certification
- At least one certification (any vendor)
To Be Announced SOON
Professional Experience: Highly technical, detailed oriented and experienced Senior Solution Architect/Designer and Engineer with over 20 years of experience; proficient in designing, deploying, managing and troubleshooting IP based enterprise and cloud solutions: Unified Communications / VoIP, Cyber Security, Cloud, Data Center, Virtualization, Storage, IP Routing and IP Switching, SD-WAN, Data Analytics, Database and Big Data. Currently, Mussie is working as Senior Cloud Security/ Engineer Consultant.
Research & Development: Mussie is actively working to provide tangible solutions to today's complex challenges to the underserved, with focus in Energy, Technology and Knowledge Transfer.
Training/Teaching: Mr. Berhane is passionate about knowledge transfer, teaching and mentoring. Over the past 15 years, Mussie has taught more than 3,000 students in different IT sectors, always adapting and focusing on emerging technologies to meet current and future job market demands.
Education and Certifications:
BS: Computer Information Systems
Advance Networking Specialty, Security Specialty, Database Specialty, Big Data Specialty, and all Associate certifications.
Mr. Berhane, also holds other vendor certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, CheckPoint, Silver Peak and others.
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Traveling, Basketball, Mentoring and Transferring Knowledge and Skills.
- Apply AWS networking concepts
- Given customer requirements, define network architecture on AWS
- Propose Optimize designs based on the evaluation of an existing implementation
- Determine network requirements for a specialized workload
- Derive an appropriate architecture based on customer and application requirements
- Evaluate and optimize cost allocations, given a network design and application data flow
- Apply procedural concepts for the implementation of connectivity for hybrid IT architecture
- Given a scenario, derive an appropriate hybrid IT architecture connectivity solution
- Explain the process to extend connectivity using AWS Direct Connect
- Evaluate design alternatives by leveraging AWS Direct Connect
- Define routing policies for hybrid IT architecture
- Leverage the capabilities of Route 53
- Evaluate DNS solutions in a hybrid IT architecture
- Determine the appropriate configuration of DHCP within AWS
- Given a scenario, determine an appropriate load balancing strategy within AWS the AWS ecoystem
- Determine a content distribution strategy to optimize for performance
- Reconcile AWS service requirements with network requirements